Tuesday, December 6, 2016

My Oh My Orlando




Another big part of the year was us taking on Orlando. To be honest, I’m not a big fan of Disney World, Orlando, or 100 degree weather. But the girls and Tiff really had a good time.


It was magical to watch them walk around the park and just be girls. I often caught myself wondering if they will bring their kids - my grandkids to Disney. Would they see what I saw? Truly something magical. Truly something dreamlike.


I will never forget walking around the bend and seeing the Tree of Life. Kennedy said, “Oh my goodness! We’re in Africa!” Honestly, for a moment, I too thought that we were some place other than Disney.


Who goes to Orlando without, going to the beach? Well, of course the Marshall tribe went to the beach. It was too hot. The whole beach smelled like walrus poo-poo.  As where I loved watching the waves come in and seeing the girls marvel at the size of the ocean, the beach scares me a little bit. I’ve always felt like it was a prime spot to lose a kid and get swept away by some new oceanic creature.


Looking back on it, I was probably a  little too protective while we were there. I just didn’t want to be that guy that had to fight off a new water monster with a beach towel and umbrella. Nonetheless, the girls truly enjoyed it. They were the prettiest things on the beach and in all of Florida.


Tiff and I were blessed to be able to take them. I’m not sure if we will ever go back; however, I can assure you I will never forget it.


Happy Holidays


Please enjoy Flipgram  https://flipagram.com/f/rc6ChaoJMr

2 comments:

  1. Big Family Trip 2020? I think we have a plan..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip....creating memories is what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete